Thursday, July 21, 2011

Xela

Another day is coming to a close here in Xela.

I thought I would share this picture with you all. Its the view from the roof of the house where I am living. What can be seen in this picture is the city of Xela, nicely packed together and nestled comfortably in the mountains. I think that where I am living provides one of the nicest views in the city.

I was going to travel to Chiapas, Mexico this weekend, but I came down with a pretty ornry cold that will not go away. Unfortunately I will not be able to see one of Glenmary's students. I think it is wise though, that I stay in.

It has been a treat for me here, but also very challenging, in that once someone finds out I am a deacon in the Catholic church they really, really want my ear. People seem to feel quite blessed to have the attention of a clergy person--even if the clergy person really needs help with his Spanish.

I guess in ministry availabilty is always a really important thing.

More to come later. Pray that I am able to guardar mi salud...

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Device

No comments:

Post a Comment