Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Psalm in My Own Words

Out of the depths I cry for you.
The darkness consumes my heart.
My body pines for your presence.
Yearning is my soul for rest.
In stillness I wait for your embrace.
I am lost in this dark abyss of want.
Emptiness is my only companion.


Yet I know that you are near.
Though my senses are privy to mistake,
The depth of this conviction lacks deceit.
Thus I wait in this ominous midnight,
With resignation not far from my fate.


Piercing the darkness the dawn descends.
Magnificent in splendor, my heart is consumed.
Brilliant beams banish the collective cold.
Your warmth devours my every longing.
Serenity saturates my soul.


Into your embrace I deeply resign.
I am caressed in a blanket of flowing familiarity.
Your scent is the air that fills my lungs.
Movements mingle in the whisper of love.


Yet the shadows are shifting; stability is stifled.
I drink from your cup; yet I still thirst.
I indulge in your bounty; yet hunger remains.
What drop will satisfy this desert?
What light will relieve my strained eyes?
Creeping cruelly the darkness snuffs out the light.
Lying awake; sleep does not comfort me.
Panic proceeds; I am lost in desperation.


Yet as my tear falls slowly into the night,
A mysterious cover caresses my agony.
Safety lies on the crevasse of my neck.
And disturbing the black of my curious eye,
The dawn descends bursting forth in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment